7. Very Berry Parfait
Doctor Agatston says that there is mounting evidence that something in dairy foods, perhaps the calcium, not only strengthens the bones but also protects the heart and reduces high blood pressure. You should eat low-fat varieties to minimize the intake of saturated fat. This recipe will give you a bonus of getting a healthy antioxidant boost from the ingredients present in this dish like dark chocolate and blueberries.
- 3/4 c low fat cottage cheese
- 3 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 c blueberries, divided
- 4 tsp dark chocolate morsels, divided
1. Put cottage cheese, sugars and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend it until it forms smooth and creamy.
2. Take ½ cup of berries and spoon it into the bottom of each of four parfait glasses. Spoon two tablespoon of cheese mixture on the top of the berries. Then add another layer of berries.
3. Cover the top of each parfait with 1 tablespoon of heaping cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon of chocolate morsels.
Nutrition: each serving contains 168 calories, 6 grams proteins, 34 grams carbohydrates, 4 gram fiber, 2.4 grams fat, 1.4 gram sat fat, 159 mg sodium.