Corns are so much rich in special kind antioxidants that promote vision health and make your eyes appear brighter. It is also rich in other essential vitamins and mineral that has numerous health benefits. When these tiny little corns and fresh vegetables like cucumber, onion, mint or cilantro leaves straight from the garden are combined together they make an amazing combination. These salads are the true essence of summers and look adorably beautiful on the table. This is an ideal recipe for weight watchers because this is low in calorie and high in fiber salad. If you still want to restrict some calories than you can reduce the amount of avocados used. All you have to do is get some finely tender sweet corn, tender enough to consume raw, perfectly ripped avocados, some fresh French cucumbers, and feel free to add any vegetable of your choice like cherry tomatoes etc. Let’s have a look at amazingly colourful and delightful corn, cucumber and avocado salad recipe which surely is a treat in the plate.
- Sweet corn: 2 cups
- Large avocados: 2 ripped and cubed
- Cucumbers: 2 cups chopped
- Red Onion: ½ cup diced finely
- Lime juice: 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed
- Olive oil 4 tbsp.
- Cherry Tomatoes: 6 and halved
- Cumin seed: 1 tsp.
- Mild feta: 2 ounces
- A small bunch of watercress.
- Few mint and cilantro leaves
- Salt, pepper and red chilli flakes for taste
1. Take a medium bowl and combine freshly squeezed lime juice, salt and pepper and add diced red onions and let them sit for 5 minutes.
2. Toast the cumin seeds in a pan and whisk in olive oil and add to onions and mix together. Now add sweet corns to the mixture and mix together.
3. Now cut avocados in slightly thick slices and divide these slices into 4 different plates randomly and top with half cut cherry tomatoes and chopped cucumbers and sprinkle with salt n pepper and surround the plate with watercress.
4. Now place a spoon full of onion and corn mixture over the avocados and cucumbers and serve with mint, mild feta, and red chilli flakes over the top.