Whenever I think of salads it makes me feel like salad is for people who are dieting or sick. But this is absolutely a wrong perception. Salads are the combination of different yummy and colourful fruits and vegetables which are extremely healthy and tasty. It’s all up to you of what fruits and vegetable you should choose and which dressing you want. Like I said salads are made up from different veggies and fruits and these are fully packed with essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals and antioxidants which have numerous health benefits.
Salads are amazing lunch substitutes whether if you are trying to shed some pounds, if you are sugar patient, dealing with hypertension, and people who are suffering from high level cholesterol are recommended to take salad in their everyday diet plus vegetables especially leafy green vegetables are the good source of iron and other vitamins which not only have good impact on your health but they also enhances your look, increase your hair health and make you skin look healthy and glowing.
Mediterranean chopped salad has several yummy ingredients with multi-health benefits and it is ideal for a side dish and for lunch. It surely looks amazing on the table.
Ingredients for Salad:
- Fresh lettuce: 4 cups chopped
- Cherry tomatoes: 2 cups diced
- Persian Cucumbers: 2 and finely chopped
- Chickpeas: 1 can thoroughly drained and rinsed
- Black olives: 1/4 cups (half-length wise cutter)
- Red Onion: ¼ cup finely chopped
- Feta Cheese: 4 ounces cut in cubes
Ingredients for Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- Olive oil: ½ cup
- Red Wine vinegar: ¼ cup
- Garlic clove: 1 and minced
- Dried oregano: 1 tsp. chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste (use freshly grounded black pepper)
1. Take a small bowl or cup and add olive oil. Red wine vinegar. Garlic clove. Dried oregano, salt and pepper. And whisk together. Place aside while you prepare the salad.
2. Take a large bowl and mix together lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, olives and onion, and mix together.
3. Season with salt n pepper and mix with vinegar mixture that you have already prepared. Sprinkle the cubes of feta cheese and serve in a glass bowl for pretty looking presentation.
4. You can use Japanese or hot cucumbers too if the listed ones aren’t available.