Today’s recipe of cake is for the demand and desire of my fans and followers who like my recipes articles so much and provide me positive feedback. For all of them, I am going to share another recipe of Snowman Cake which I hope you all will like and try at home. Here is a complete recipe.
- Vegetable oil = ½ cup
- Peppermint extract = 1 teaspoon
- Water = 1 1/3 cups
- Eggs = 3
- Box of white cake mix = 1 (18.25 ounce)
- Whipped white frosting = 2 (12 ounce)
- Cupcakes unfrosted = 2
- Meringue powder 5 tbsp or egg whites (large) = 2
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp or fresh lemon juice = 2 tsp
- Food coloring if you want to use
- Confectioners’ sugar = 3 cups
CANDIES TO DECORATE SNOWMAN
- Blue mint candies square bag (for making hat) = 1 (7.5 ounce)
- Royal icing (in a piping bag or squeeze bottle)
- Small snowflake shaped cookies = 20
- Sweetened flake coconut = 2 cups
- Blue Jelly beans (for eyes) = 2
- Peppermint patties (for eyes) = 2
- Blue candy covered chocolates (for mouth) = 8
- Color decorating sugar = ¼ cup
- Orange gumdrops (for nose) = 1
- Hard candies (for buttons) = 3
- Giant blue peppermint stick (for bloom stick) =1
- Fruit Roll up for making scarf = 1 foot
- White gum drops (for hands) = 6 large
First, preheat your oven at 350 degrees F. Start greasing sides and bottom of pan cakes and put them aside.
Take a mixing bowl which is large in size and combine extract, eggs, oil, water and cake mix. Blend them all together with an electric beater on slow speed for at least one minute. Shake the bowl and again blend them for more 2 minutes or until the material becomes smooth or fluffy. Then divide the batter among cake pans.
Put pans in the oven which is preheated for 35 minutes or you can also check it with a knife. Put them aside for cooling completely for 5 minutes. Remove them from the pan as well as transfer them to rack to completely cool.
FOR ROYAL ICING
By using hand or electric mixer, blend whites egg with extract or lemon juice until frothy. Also add powdered sugar and again blend them on medium speed until it becomes shiny, smooth and combined. Start turning to the high speed for 5 minutes approximately until it becomes glossy and stiff. Then add food color in it. Take pastry bag and fill with mixture. Now pipe into cookies.
Line the backside of sheet pan along with foil of aluminum. Then place some strips of parchment paper round all borders of sheet pan when you are going to decorate the cake. Start placing wound cake side by side on a sheet tray and slice one side to all cupcake. Put all cupcakes at 1 end of cake.
Frost both cupcakes and cakes with the help of frosting so that they look like the snowman is resting. Also remove parchment paper. Drizzle or spread the 3rd bottom of sheet pan along with royal icing. Shower coconut over to royal icing for mimic snow. You have to randomly put twenty dollops of the royal icing round rest of sheet pan. Put cookies of snowflakes on all dollops of the royal icing.
Start decorating the snowman’s head with the rows of blue mints. When decorating face, use peppermint patties for snowman eyes, put a small dot of royal icing in center of every patty and put the jelly bean blue on top of royal icing. For the nose, use orange gum drops and for smile, use blue candy coated chocolate. Use colored sugar for decorating its chest and use fruit strips for making knot or tie. Drape the fruit strips all across round of 2 cakes for making a scarf. Use white gumdrops large for making hands. Put candy cane for next hands as well.
Your Snowman Cake is ready now. Enjoy eating it with your loved ones.