Sweet Potatoes are sweet and this doesn’t mean they are not enriched with nutrients and aren’t good for health. I said this because this is our normal perception about sweet things. Sweet potatoes are incredibly amazing and one of my favourite item. They are fully packed with antioxidants and vitamins especially vitamin A and this vitamin is so much important to strengthen your immune system against bacterial and viral infections. They are also enriched with anti-inflammatory properties which can ease your inflammation in nerves and brain.
Sweet potatoes are filled with lots of fiber so they take the time to digest and you will feel fuller and energetic for a longer period of time.
If you are craving for brownies but need an excuse about it because they aren’t that much healthy than here I’m with an amazingly healthy recipe of brownies made up from sweet potatoes because they’re healthy!
I can’t forget to mention that raw cacao is also a super amazing food as it is insanely enriched in antioxidants and packed with a number of other essential nutrients like manganese, which provides oxygen to the blood, magnesium, which helps maintain healthy body nerves, bones and muscles than there’s sulphur that promotes beautiful skin, hair and stronger nails (Take notes girls 😉 Have a look at the recipe:
- Sweet potatoes: 2 large
- Brown rice flour: ½ cup
- Raw cacao: 4 tbsp.
- Almonds: 2/3 cups lightly grounded
- Dates: 14
- Maple syrup: 3 tbsp.
- A pinch of salt
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and place them in streamer or boiling water for about 20 minutes or until they became soft and tender. Meanwhile, pre heat the oven.
2. Once the potatoes are soft, get them out from the boiler and place them in a blender along with dates and blend. Trust me this would turn out to be the yummiest, creamiest and delicious mixture ever.
3. Take a large bowl and pour rice flour, cacao, salt and almonds. Stir well.
4. Now add potato mixture along with maple syrup and mix well so that all the ingredients are in good mixture form.
5. Now pour the mixture into the baking tray and place it in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or less. Do check after 15 minutes with the help of a toothpick if it comes out dry it means it is cooked and if little cake batter on it then give it another 5 minutes.
6. Remove the tray from oven cut it in brownies form and enjoy with ice cream topped over it or just as it is.